Oswestry Old Grammar School


Many thanks to Margaret Frank for kindly supplying the following information and photographs.




A 15th Century, Grade II listed timber-framed property. Originally the Oswestry Grammar School, founded by David Holbache in 1407, the building occupies a prominent position on the boundary of the churchyard of St. Oswald. Now the property of Oswestry Town Council and opened in 1992, the Centre contains civic and local items of interest reflecting the long established and magnificent Heritage of Oswestry.

                                                      
         Original lych gate for the school                                                                                                          Bronze Plaque

Comments