C of E Council School, Kirkland Street:
Thomas Grant built the C of E Council School in Kirkland Street. (In the picture to the right, Thomas Grant is thought to be the man in the apron, Charles Duncombe the man with the light suit with Thomas Robson representing the council to his left. This picture is reproduced by kind permission of Andrew Sefton, of the Pocklington and District Local History Group.
The school opened in February 1908, with accommodation for 250 pupils, including infants.
Catholic School (mixed), London Street:
"Erected in 1877, for 80 children". (Kelly's Directory, 1897)
1912: Miss Winifred Barnes, mistress
County Council School, Mile end:
"Opened in February, 1908, an additional class room added in 1910, built at a cost of about £3,000, for 250 scholars, including infants master; Clifford B. Thomas, chief assistant (in charge); Miss Eleanor M. Dibb, infants' mistress." (Kelly's Directory, 1912)